BNP Paribas has launched an online training module to raise awareness among its employees throughout the world of the issues posed by CSR and of the policies the Group has adopted in response.
BNP Paribas employees will be presented with six tasks illustrating six key themes within the Group’s CSR strategy, which they have to complete in order to qualify as a ‘CSR Spokesperson’:
– Demonstrate their knowledge of diversity within the company;
– Identify elements at BNP Paribas branches in France that could help reduce the bank’s direct environmental impact;
– Select a financing operation, taking account of its environmental and social impact;
– Compile a Socially Responsible Investment (SRI) portfolio, which entails taking account of environmental protection, social responsibility and corporate governance criteria;
– Choose a micro-finance institution (MFI) to support, bearing in mind an appropriate balance between risk and social impact;
– Identify the key elements of the community involvement programmes (philanthropy and/or volunteer work) organised by the bank in the different countries in which it is active.
At each stage, the employee meets a BNP Paribas expert, who provides all the information needed to complete the task. Once the task is finished, the trainees receive feedback and context. The BNP Paribas expert also validates each successfully completed step towards their CSR Spokesperson VIP Card and encourages them to continue their training.
The training module, which is available to any employee via the group’s intranet, will also form an integral part of the training provided to new staff. The fully interactive module was created by the training team at Group Human Resources and a working group led by the CSR department. It is currently available in two languages – French and English – to which Italian and Dutch will be added shortly.
BNP Paribas’ CSR policy
BNP Paribas is a socially responsible business that finances the real economy while helping to protect the environment and to combat social exclusion and discrimination. The group’s CSR performance is recognised by the inclusion of the BNP Paribas share in the leading Corporate Social Responsibility indices.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas (www.bnpparibas.com) is one of the six strongest banks in the world according to Standard & Poor’s* and the largest bank in the eurozone by deposits. With a presence in more than 80 countries and more than 200,000 employees, including 160,000 in Europe, BNP Paribas is a leading European provider of financial services on a worldwide scale. It ranks highly in its three core activities: Retail Banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Investment Banking. In Retail Banking, the Group has four domestic markets: Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated model across the Europe-Mediterranean zone and boasts a large network in the United States. BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending in Europe. In its Corporate & Investment Banking and Investment Solutions activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe and solid and fast-growing businesses in Asia.
*Within its peer group
Céline Castex – 33 + (0)1 42 98 15 91 – firstname.lastname@example.org